Exciting stories have been served about Lenovo as it unveils its latest lineup of commercial products enhancing always the digital experience. These are about the innovations of their stylish ThinkBook Portfolio, the unveiling of the New Predictive and Proactive SaaS Tool for Smarter PC Fleet Management, and about featherweight X1 Nano as the Lightest ThinkPad™ ever and pioneering ThinkPad™ X1 Fold.
Lenovo unveils latest lineup of Commercial Products
Lenovo unveiled its broadest ThinkBook portfolio to date, designed to empower the modern professional through transitional times. Spanning no less than six new models, the new generation of ThinkBook laptops blend a modern design philosophy with features built for a “work-from-anywhere” world. These laptops sport a distinctive new look with a stylish dual-tone top cover and ultra-narrow display bezels built for immersive viewing experiences.
ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 i delivers outstanding speed and productivity with 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Iris®Xe graphics1, Thunderbolt™ 4, and flexible storage options.
In a first for laptops2, the ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 i is available with optional integrated wireless earbuds for instant collaboration.
ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 i with optional WQXGA display delivers uncompromised mobile performance with Intel Evo™ platform3 in a lightweight package that can be carried from room to room, or office to office. ThinkBook 14s Yoga i, the first 2-in-1 ThinkBook makes it easy to transform any space into a work zone with its versatile form factor.
Lenovo is also announcing a new ThinkVision T27hv-20 USB-C® Hub monitor with the innovative Lenovo Display Control Center – ThinkColor. Designed to meet the collaboration requirements of a hybrid working model, the 27-inch display features a 1080p IR/RGB webcam, noise-canceling microphones, and integrated speakers that help users conference with confidence.
Confidentiality is enhanced with Smart Guard that blurs the screen the moment you look or move away or detects someone peeking over your shoulder. Smart Energy will turn off the screen when it senses that you have moved away from your desk, saving power and protecting data.
Lenovo™ is very excited to unveil the latest addition to our premium X1 portfolio, ThinkPad™ X1 Nano. The lightest ThinkPad ever at just 1.99 pounds3 (907g) breaks new ground for performance and functionality in an incredible featherweight package.
Lenovo’s first ThinkPad based on Intel®Evo™ platform and powered by 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors4, the X1 Nano delivers supreme speed and intelligence5 while maintaining outstanding battery life6.
Stunning visuals are delivered through a narrow-bezel 13-inch 2K display with a 16:10 aspect ratio, and four speakers and four 360-degree microphones enhance the audio-visual capabilities. For truly immersive user experience, the X1 Nano supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos®. State of the art connectivity is provided by WiFi 67, and optional 5G8 will deliver higher bandwidth capability and drive new levels of always on always connected efficiency and collaboration in a new hybrid working world.
A pinnacle of engineering innovation, the X1 Fold offers a revolutionary mix of portability and versatility that defines a new computing category enabled by Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Hybrid Technology and made possible by Intel’s Project Athena innovation program. Blending familiar functionality that we all know from smartphones, tablets, and laptops into a single foldable PC device that will forever reshape the way you work, play, create, and connect.
With optional 5G, you can trust that your connection speed is more secure and optimized where available and that you are better protected with ThinkShield security features. Find out more how ThinkPad X1 Fold is pioneering a new category: A Game-Changing Category.
With the introduction of its latest Software as a Service (SaaS) tool, Lenovo™ dives into the Digital Experience Monitoring space. Introducing Lenovo Device Intelligence, a cloud-based SaaS offering capable of assisting in not only diagnosing PC issues but also in predicting potential system failures before they occur.
Developed for IT administrators that manage fleets of employee PCs, this latest tool monitors the health and performance of Lenovo Think-branded laptops and third-party PCs alike. Leveraging AI and machine learning for proactive device insights and predictive analytics, it also offers IT admins are proven and prescriptive remediations at their fingertips to help swiftly resolve issues and keep their employees up-and-running, enhancing their digital experience.
Managing numerous PCs can be tricky, and that’s when they are located on-premise. Factor in the global scale of companies and the growing number of dispersed and remote workforces, IT teams are finding it even more challenging to stay on top of the health and maintenance of all the PCs within their company. This is especially so when it comes to actually diagnose common and perhaps systemic PC health and performance issues and then addressing any problems. Scale and bandwidth become barriers to effective and efficient response and the employee experience suffers.
According to a study by global IT research firm Techaisle, 77% of IT staff time is dedicated to maintenance and support, and 50% of IT professionals report that their teams lack the resources to swiftly identify problems and deliver satisfactory solutions. Lenovo Device Intelligence’s two-pronged predictive and proactive approach directly addresses this pain point. By reducing fleet complexity and categorizing data to help IT staff identify potential problems faster and address them before they become an issue, this tool aims to decrease downtime, increase employee productivity, and optimize IT costs.
Pricing and Availability
ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 i is expected to be available from October 2020, starting at $569.
ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 i is expected to be available from October 2020, starting at $829.
ThinkBook 14s Yoga is expected to be available from November 2020, starting at $879.
ThinkBook 15p i is expected to be available from October 2020, starting at $939.
ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 i is expected to be available from October 2020, starting at $569.
ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 AMD is expected to be available from October 2020, starting at $549.
ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD is expected to be available from October 2020, starting at $549.
ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 AMD is expected to be available from October 2020, starting at $729.
ThinkVision T27hv-20 is expected to be available from December 2020, starting at $549.
ThinkPad X1 Fold with Windows 10 is available to order now and will ship in a few weeks, with prices starting at $2,499.
ThinkPad X1 Nano is expected to be available in the 4th quarter of 2020. Prices are expected to start at $1,399.
Lenovo Device Intelligence will be initially available starting October 2020 in the United States, Canada, Germany, France, Japan, and Australia, with a phased expansion to other global markets through 2021.
To find out more, visit https://www.lenovo.com.
- Source: Intel. Performance results are based on testing as of dates shown in configurations and may not reflect all publicly available updates. See www.intel.com/11thgenmobile for configuration details.
- Based on research conducted by Lenovo in June 2020 of PCs sold by major PC manufacturers shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually.
- Based on Lenovo’s internal research of all ThinkPad models manufactured worldwide by either IBM or Lenovo since 1992
- X1 Nano is a part of Intel’s Project Athena innovation program, and is expected to be the first ThinkPad based on the Intel®Evo™ platform and powered by 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
- Source: Intel. As measured by industry benchmark and Representative Usage Guides testing and unique features of 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors that power designs, which are co-engineered as part of Intel’s comprehensive laptop innovation program Project Athena then tested, measured, and verified against a premium specification and key experience indicators to ensure unparalleled user experiences. For more complete information about performance and benchmark results, visit www.intel.com/Evo.
- Battery life will vary and depend on numerous factors including product configuration and usage, software, operating conditions, wireless functionality, power management settings, screen brightness, and other factors.
- Requires separately purchased Wi-Fi router and plan that may vary by location. Additional terms, conditions, and/or charges apply. Wi-Fi 6 speeds are typically up to 9.6 Gbps compared to Wi-Fi 5 with up to 3.5 Gbps. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors
- Requires 5G network service and separately purchased cellular data plan that may vary by location. Additional terms, conditions, and/or charges apply. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- Based on research conducted by Lenovo in June 2020 of PCs sold by major PC manufacturers shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually. X1 Fold availability may vary by geography and products may only be available in select markets.