The new 11th Generation Intel Core H-series mobile processors (code-named “Tiger Lake-H”) launched worldwide today, led by the flagship Intel Core i9-11980HK — the “World’s Best Gaming Laptop Processor.”1 The Intel Core i9-11980HK delivers the highest-performance1 in laptops for gaming, content creators, and business professionals reaching speeds of up to 5.0 gigahertz (GHz).
Intel launches new 11th Gen Core H-series mobile processors
“11th Gen Intel Core H-series processors take mobile gaming, content creation, and commercial workstation systems to new heights. These new H-series processors are an exciting extension of our 11th Gen mobile family with double-digit single-core and multi-core performance improvements, leading gameplay, direct-attached storage, and 20 PCIe 4.0 lanes for true enthusiast-level platform bandwidth. 11th Gen H-series is the industry’s most performant mobile processor that empowers users to game, create and connect with leadership performance at any enthusiast form factor,” said Chris Walker, Intel corporate vice president, and general manager of the Mobile Client Platforms Group.
About Desktop-Caliber Gaming Performance on Mobile. With new 11th Gen Intel Core H-series processors, Intel leverages deep expertise in advanced processor design and PC gaming to bring the world’s best gaming laptop processors2 to gamers around the globe.
Extending the performance momentum established by the 11th Gen Intel Core H35 series, the 11th Gen Intel H-series processors, based on 10 nanometers SuperFin process technology, feature up to 8 cores and 16 threads, with single and dual-core turbo performance up to 5.0GHz. Additionally, the central processing unit (CPU) can directly access high-speed GDDR6 memory attached to the graphics card, enabling gamers to experience higher framerates with lower latency, and load large textures faster. The mobile processor offers 2.5 times the total PCIe bandwidth to the CPU compared with the 10th Gen H-series processors, and three times the total PCIe bandwidth compared with other industry processors.
About This Bleeding-Edge Platform. 11th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors empower creators and business professionals to execute tasks faster, from anywhere, thanks to best-in-class components and connectivity3. With 20 lanes of PCIe Gen 4 — a first for any laptop — the processor offers 4k HDR/Dolby Vision video streaming, rich configurations with fast storage, hybrid Intel Optane for high performance and capacity, 6GHz Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) support, and Thunderbolt 4 with up to 40 gigabytes (GBs) per second for faster connections.
New platform features also include:
- 20 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes with Intel Rapid Storage Technology bootable in Raid 0 — and up to 44 total PCIe lanes that include 24 PCIe Gen 3.0 lanes from a dedicated platform controller hub.
- Memory support up to DDR4-3200.
- Thunderbolt 4 with transfer speeds up to 40Gbps.
- Discrete Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+).
- Dual Embedded Display Port integrated for power-optimized companion display.
Today’s launch also introduces new Intel vPro H-series processors — led by the eight-core and 16-thread Intel Core i9-11950H — and Intel Xeon W-11000 series mobile processors. Built on the 11th Gen Intel vPro platform, the unrivaled business-class PC platform delivers comprehensive hardware-based security4 and breakthrough performance, as well as powerful computing experiences for professional users such as engineers, data scientists, content creators, and financial analysts who need to tackle multi-threaded, performance-intensive applications at their desk, or on the go. The new 11th Gen Intel Core vPro H-series processors and Xeon W-11000 series mobile processors unveiled today and, when combined with the new Intel Core vPro platform, offer:
- Xeon + Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory.
- Intel Hardware Shield — available exclusively on the Intel vPro platform, as delivered by 11th Gen Intel Core vPro mobile processors5, provides the world’s most comprehensive hardware-based security for business, and the industry’s first and only silicon-enabled artificial intelligence threat detection to help stop ransomware and cryptomining attacks for Windows-based systems.5 It is also equipped with Intel® Control-flow Enforcement Technology, a ground-breaking technology to help shut down an entire class of attacks that long evaded software-only solutions.6
- Intel Total Memory Encryption.
- Intel Active Management Technology.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost.
ALSO READ: 11th Gen Intel Core: Unmatched Overclocking, Game Performance
About the Diversity of Designs with Broad Availability. 11th Gen Intel Core Mobile H-series and Intel Xeon W-11000 series processors will power more than 80 enthusiast laptop designs across consumer, commercial, and workstation segments this year. With more than one million 11th Gen H-series processors shipped to Intel partners worldwide by launch, whether it’s for high-refresh gaming, robust content creation, or mobile workstations, no one offers people more choices and availability when it comes to mobile computing.
Performance results are based on testing as of dates shown in configurations and may not reflect all publicly available updates. Performance varies by use, configuration, and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.
Your costs and results may vary.
Certain features are available on select SKUs only. Please check the OEM website for specific device details.
Intel contributes to the development of benchmarks by participating in, sponsoring, and/or contributing technical support to various benchmarking groups, including the BenchmarkXPRT Development Community administered by Principled Technologies.
Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation.
Altering clock frequency or voltage may void any product warranties and reduce stability, security, performance, and life of the processor and other components. Check with system and component manufacturers for details.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
- Estimated based on Intel internal measurements of SPECint_rate_base2017 (1-copy) of an Intel Core i9-11980HK-based internal reference platform versus estimated measurements on AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, Intel Core i9-10980HK and Intel Core i7-11375H processors. See www.intel.com/11thgenmobile for details.
- As measured by frames per second on similarly configured systems with 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11980HK, Intel Core i9-10980HK, or Ryzen 9 5900HX processors. Product prices may vary. Results: 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11980HK scored higher on the majority of the 29 game titles tested. See www.intel.com/11thgenmobile for details.
- Subject to regional spectrum allocation; not available in all markets. Visit www.intel.com/PerformanceIndex (connectivity) for details.
- Learn more at www.intel.com/11thgenvpro. No product or component can be absolutely secure.
- In Windows-based PCs, based on unique features and IOActive testing (commissioned by Intel; as of April 2021) comparing Intel Hardware Shield security capabilities with corresponding technologies in AMD Ryzen Pro-based systems. Visit www.intel.com/11thgenvpro for details. No product or component can be absolutely secure. Results may vary.
- Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology (Intel CET) is designed to help protect against jump/call-oriented programming (JOP/COP) attack methods and return-oriented programming (ROP) attack methods, malware known as memory safety issues and which comprise over half of ZDI-disclosed vulnerabilities. Visit www.intel.com/11thgenvpro for details. No product or component can be absolutely secure. Results may vary.