The Unionbank Hackathon and Convention (U:HAC) is UnionBank’s latest project to look for the most creative and innovative solutions in the digital arena that can be developed during the event.
Unionbank Hackathon and Convention in Manila and Cebu
U:HAC will first be held in Cebu on August 6 and 7, 2016 with about 200 participants consisting of college students and professionals. A Space Cebu will be the venue partner for the 24-hour coding marathon or hackathon.
The second leg will be held on August 27 and 28, 2016 at the Megatrade Hall 3, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City.
UnionBank has been at the forefront of the digital revolution being experienced in the local banking sector. It is one of the first Banks in the country that embraced digital early on in its operations given its goal of becoming a fully digitized Bank that provides SmartBanking to all of its customers.
Innovation is a key component of the Bank’s business as it is continuously searching for solutions to challenging conventions.
“We want to discover talented individuals, be it college students or professionals, that have superior knowledge on information technology, and software applications, who can contribute in making the digital arena more progressive and advanced based on their digital solutions,” UnionBank Senior Vice President and Human Resource Director Michelle Rubio emphasized.
The U:HAC Registration
Registration for those interested in joining (Junior and Senior College Students, Professionals) is still open. Just visit the UHAC website or check its Facebook Page for updates. You may also contact Econnext Ideas and Media at 0917-9048777 or 0920-9734926.
For those who are inquiring about what are expected of the participants:
– Any programming language can be used during the hackathon, bootstrap, APIs and such are allowed, so long as you shoulder the expense of any proprietary software.
– Any technology can be used or created software (web, mobile – Android, iOS, Windows apps), augmented or virtual reality (AR / VR), and hardware (arduino / genuino, raspberry pi, etc)
– Any skill set or role can participate. Developers (front & back end), UX designers, artist / graphics designers, etc.
– Pre-formed groups are welcome. Those without groups will be assisted in joining or forming new groups.
– Fresh codes is a must. Groups must register in a repository and submit the link to the hackathon organizers
The U:HAC Cebu is organized in partnership with A Space Cebu, PLDT Innolab, and IPC.