From G-SHOCK, the watch brand that is always finding ways to incorporate world culture icons into exciting new designs comes to a new Formless Tai Chi (or Tai Ji) model by Chen YingJie: The G-Shock G-Steel x Formless Tai Chi Edition GST-B200TJ-1A.
G-Shock G-Steel x Formless Tai Chi Edition: The Latest Men’s Fashion in Tech You Should Know
The new Formless Tai Chi model is based on the philosophy of Tai Chi, the overall designs of the watch represent the flow of time, change, and concept of the universe. Specially designed by Chen YingJie, a Chinese artist who creates works that incorporate Eastern ink painting and Western street art.
The base G-Steel model was specially selected by Chen YingJie himself, based on the powerful metal design. The design theme for this model is the Chinese philosophy of Tai Chi. The root of Tai Chi is the concept that all-natural things and laws in the world change with the flow of time. This is expressed by the black ion-plating and original print technology applied in the design of this model.
The new shock-resistant structure protects modules with a carbon fiber reinforced resin case – fusing carbon and metal for a refined toughness. Also, the new carbon case helps to develop a new structure of a button.
Comparing with the existing G-STEEL series, it is more compact than the previous G-STEEL, but with a 2.44 mm longer dial diameter.
The GST-B200TJ-1A also features tough solar power. Casio solar-recharging system converts even faint light from fluorescent lamps into ample energy to achieve stable operation of various high-load functions.
The super illuminator (high brightness LED) lights up the dial and LCD with high-intensity lights, maintaining watch readability in the dark. A full-dot STN LCD display – as large as 7 × 33 dot LCD is designed to handle multi-function display of the alarms and stopwatch functions. A mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®) is also available.
Based on the latest Carbon Core Guard G-STEEL, GST-B200 launched last year. The back cover G-STEEL model is engraved with the signature of Chen YingJie and it comes with a special packaging symbolizing it as a special model. The “TJ” of the G-Shock G-Steel x Formless Tai Chi Edition GST-B200TJ-1A stands for “Tai Ji (Tai Chi),” which is the Chinese cosmological concept for the flux of yin and yang.
You can place an order now while your mind is on it.
– Impact resistant structure
– Tough solar (solar charging system)
– 20 ATM water-resistant function
– Mobile link function (function interlocking with compatible mobile phones via Bluetooth communication)
– Needle evacuation function (when the needle overlaps the liquid crystal display and is difficult to see, the needle can be temporarily retracted from the liquid crystal display)
– World time: 39 cities in the world (39 time zones, with daylight saving time automatic setting function) + UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) time display, home time city replacement function
– Stopwatch (1/1000 seconds (less than 1 hour) / 1/10 seconds (1 hour or more), 24 hours total, with split)
– Timer (set unit: 1 second, maximum set: 24 hours, measured in 1/10 second units)
– 5 multi-alarms (DAILY, 1 TIME, SCHEDULE) ・Time signal
– Battery indicator display
– Power saving function (in a dark place, after a certain period of time, the display is turned off and the hand movement is stopped to save power)
– Fully automatic calendar
– 12/24 hour display switching
– Operation sound ON/OFF switching function
– Double LED light: LED light for dial (with full auto light, super illuminator, afterglow function, afterglow time switching (1.5 seconds/3 seconds)), LED backlight for LCD part ( With full auto light, super illuminator, afterglow function, afterglow time switching (1.5 seconds / 3 seconds))
– Driving time from full charge to without solar power generation: When using function / about 6 months, when power-saving state / about 20 months *If not linked with a smartphone, normal quartz accuracy (average monthly difference ± Works for 15 seconds)
– GST-B200TJ is certified by the Japanese Radio Law
G-Shock, which has built up a new concept of toughness in brand, introduces watches that all started with the passionate belief of the developers to make a clock that will not break even if dropped; a reckless challenge that overturns the common sense of the time. Over 200 prototypes have been repeated, and after spending about two years, the shock-resistant structure was completed.
It is the birth of a technology that plays a central role in toughness, Since then, G-Shock has continued to evolve structure, material, and function, pursuing toughness from every aspect.